It’s that time again! I took up A Moment in Me-Time series, where I give readers a glimpse into what is going on in my own personal life during each new month and this is the fourth installment. A Lovely Life Indeed gave me the inspiration for these posts and I hope you have been enjoying them!
My thoughts on January; Brrrrr….
If it gets any freakin’ colder here in Ontario, Canada, I think my husband’s testicles are going retreat far enough to turn into ovaries. I have also become a raging snowbitch. I hate being cooped up, which is next to impossible to avoid when I’ve got two toddlers in the house who loathe being anything other than a balmy 170 billion degrees while on top of me, nestled into my cleavage and rubbing baby palms on my skin. I don’t think tobogganing is a very toddler-appropriate activity.
New Year, new me, yadayada. I get so sick of the, “I’m going to own 2015!” type posts. Who cares if 2014 turned into 2015? You’re still the same person you were 30 seconds before midnight and any resolution made simply because it’s the start of a new twelve months on the calendar isn’t one that’s going to last very long. I’m not saying that I’m innocent in this- I used to make resolutions, as I figured that was a good idea at the time, but they were soon forgotten. I now set goals for myself, month after month, not because it’s a change of date but because they’re ones that truly matter to me in the moment and I can get behind something like that. I did, however, pick a single word to steer me in the right direction for this coming year. You can read about that in this post; here. I felt that would be an easy daily reminder, rather than having to tackle a list of tasks set for myself.
What I’m reading; I had been reading 101 Nights Of Great Sex/Romance (or something like that) until I realized it was written by a man, who’s clearly a pig, and involves a bunch of tasks where you present your guy with porno mags, bring porn into the bedroom or degrade yourself as a female by pretending to be a helpless nincompoop. I don’t like the idea of talking to my spouse like I can’t understand something simple and need him to do it for me because I can’t figure things out for myself. This, of course, is in order to get him out of the house, all so that I can artfully arrange his tools in a bowl for a masculine table centrepiece and surprise him with a guy’s night when he returns. That was actually a task described in the book (who puts drills and screwdrivers in a bowl, anyway?!) and it wasn’t my idea of “Great”.My favorite blogs/sites this month;
- My Domestic Dish; Yeah, it’s mine! 😛 I have been investing a lot of time in my site so far this month, which has prevented me from reading as much as I normally do, and this will be the only one on the list for January. I have been changing up the header and the logo, as well as going back through and redoing some old post SEO. Those are things I had neglected previously and, as I want to really focus on writing more, I figured I should redo the things that I had not gotten completely right the first time. Correcting all of my old mistakes will make me less likely to continue them going forward. What do you guys think of the new imaging? Do you like the cute, cartoonish lady and the new header more? As a refresher, the old header and logo looked like this;
What I’m watching;
Jon Stewart, as always. His irreverent style is exactly my kind of humour and I love the man.
- Modern Family has also started back up and it’s one show that my hubby doesn’t want to miss. Of course, it’s probably because he and PhilDunphy aresoulmates, two halves of the same whole. Some days I just shake my head. Thank God I snagged him,eh? And that he looks better in nothing but dress socks;
What I’m eating or drinking;
Spring rolls! I have a friend named Jerrah, who makes the most absolutely delicious spring rolls and I can’t get enough of them. I buy them often and am so thankful to have a container of them left, waiting to be heated. They’re calling my name as I type this and I am actually debating frying some up right now. Is there anything better than Filipino cooking?
- I have been wearing a lot of items from Perfect Threads lately, which is kind of like a Once Upon A Child for grown ups. It’s a neat store and I’m going to be doing a review for them in the coming week so be sure to check back! I love their customer service, above all things, and have received some fantastic pieces.
Sea Glass Riesling. It comes in a blue bottle and is normally about $16. I found some on clearance at the LCBO and opted to give it a try. It is absolutely divine, even better than Megalomaniac (maybe), so it has made it’s way into my me-time routine at night, as well as my Me Time post!
What I’m wearing;
I’ve also been wearing socks. I absolutely hate socks. Anyone who knows me is aware of this and, for some reason, I’ve felt like putting them on. I typically wear them only when absolutely necessary, in order to sport some sort of shoe that requires stifling my poor tootsies in a stuffy, overly warm compartment and then I take them off immediately upon returning home. My floors are chilly and my feet have “all of the markers for RA”, according to my rheumatologist, so they’ve been causing me a great deal of pain. I’ve been wearing the socks as a buffer but I’ve been compelled to wear them even in slippers or shoes. I suppose it really is cold here, as this is the first time that I can ever recall wanting to wear the slip ons from Satan.
What I’m doing; Please see above (regarding the blog), as that’s what is taking up most of my time. Tonight, however, I’m making chocolate mousse, wine bites (various, hoity-toity appetizers that will be fantastic with wine) and I’m having a date with the hubby on our livingroom floor. Instead of the Teddy Bear Picnic, we’re doing a Parents Picnic. It’s like that, with less fur and smelliness, depending on how long my children allowed me to take a bath before making numerous high-pitched demands that their very existence hinged upon having met.
What I’m listening to;
I haven’t been listening to much, actually. Maybe numerous high-pitched demands (see above).
All of the work I’m getting done on the blog! I’ve been productive.
My hubby’s been far more supportive than usual, which has greatly helped with the aforementioned point. He has shown more of an interest in what I’ve been doing, as well as making sure that we set some time aside to talk to one another instead of just watching TV together. Now, don’t get me wrong, he’s normally a pretty good guy but he’s not exactly thoughtful on his best days. Lately, however, he’s not only been doing housework but he has been helping with the kids moreso than usual as well. This is all on top of his normal work schedule. I’m not sure what has gotten into him lately but I like it. A lot.
My goals for LAST month;
- Keep on bonding with the hubby. Spend at least one night each week having a “date”, or at least a few hours devoted to one another without any distractions. He votes on naked snuggling (of course). DONE! I’ve been doing more of these things lately and have something set up for tonight as well.
- Finish my quilt when the sewing class starts up. Sewing class has not yet started.
- Use the new Flex Belt three times a week, minimum. Not done. Womp womp. I forgot about this- and, see, that’s why resolutions are not a good thing!My goals for this month;
- Redo all posts, making them SEO suitable.
- Purchase and utilize a proper planner, for my blog as well as for the household. Solidify the girls’ routine.
- Go through my “still to contact” bookmark and complete everything.