It feels like I just wrote one of these posts- goes to show how quickly time flies.
It also shows that I really ought to keep my butt in gear and get my posts published on time, in order to have a nice gap in this series. Thank you for coming by and sharing my moment, while I have some me-time (aka a glass of wine). This is the series where I let you into my personal life and tell you about what’s going on this month at Chez Casteels.
My thoughts on March; In like a lion, out like a lamb- truly!
- March came in blustery, frigid and absolutely terrible on the tails of February’s record-breaking cold snap. It appears that spring has sprung, however, and we’ve had beautiful, warm and sunny days lately. I was outside in just a sweater this afternoon and was completely comfortable. Everything is thawing!
On the downside, I saw an ant in the living room today and it’s time to bust out the peppermint oil. I can effectively, and naturally, keep those pesky buggers outside where they belong by sparsely dropping the oil around the perimeter of my room maybe once a week or so. It also smells just lovely and is far safer for my children, as well as our dog.
What I’m reading;
- I’m such a douchecanoe- I’m not reading anything. I’ve been making an effort to invest more in my blogger tribes this month and I’ve been spending spare time pouring over fellow bloggers’ musings and work. As such, a novel has been put on the backburner. I’m going to have to invest some time in a good book soon though, as my Gramma has read pretty much everything Nicholas Sparks has written in this past month alone and she’s putting me to shame.
My favorite blogs/sites this month;
Tomoson is ranking up in my list of faves for March. I know, I know- so many bloggers complain about it but I’ve actually made some money and found some excellent products on there this past couple of weeks so I’m a happy camper. Yay for bill payments.
- I’m cooking a lot of different food this month so I’m actually perusing The Food Network’s site every second day, Alton Brown’s Good Eats section in particular. Gah, I love that guy.
What I’m watching;
- I’m catching up on The Blacklist. Admittedly, I’m fairly disappointed in the plotline. This whole, “Will she, won’t she?” back and forth between the two main characters is getting to me. Moreover, it seems like the only intelligent characters are male. I’m not sure what woman, ever, would just drop a subject when someone distracts her with another- but it seems highly unlikely to me, especially from a woman who’s trained in investigation and profiling. I think it’s getting a little silly but I’m still hopelessly addicted to James Spader. Lord.
- I have also gotten much moreintoSchitt’s Creek, a story about a fabulously wealthy family that is swindled by their accountant, leading to all of their assets being seized. They’re forced to move into a tiny town full of “regular people” and hilarity ensues. Daniel Levy is laugh-out-loud funny and is my favourite character but they all play off of one another so well. I highly recommend it.
What I’m eating or drinking;
- Guess what I did? I broke down and ended up with my rear end sticking out of our fridge, stuffing my mouth full of cheese and anything I could find- including chocolate. I don’t even like chocolate (unless it’s dark)! I hate myself….and I looooove food lol. I make very sensible diet choices on a regular basis but I know where I go wrong and have to just cut that stuff out, rather than limit everything I eat and do. I’m not “fat” but do need to tone up and slim down just a wee bit. As a result of my freak out, I’ve decided that I can lose the weight slightly slower but wind up quite a lot happier. I lost 78lbs after having my son (back to pre-pregnancy weight) so I do know what I’m doing. I just have to stay motivated, disciplined and I need to refrain from snacking at night.
What I’m wearing;
- I have recently done up some shirts that help with the promotion of this site. They read, “I’m afraid if I gave up wine, I would have to replace it with MURDER” and include my website across the bum or the sleeve. Considering I’m tagged in a wine-related post at least a couple of times each week by those who know me, I felt it was pretty fitting. I’ve been wearing my comfy sweater with that printed upon it, then a tank top that matches. I’ve got a few more, to give away to people, but I’m debating how I want to go about that.
What I’m doing;
- I’m getting ready to plant the herb garden and we’ve taken on tomatoes this year. I’ve got little seedlings sitting on my diningroom table, just waiting to sprout their organic deliciousness. We’re making a serious investment in the outside of our house this season, as I’m tired of it looking shabby and I will be able to have the girls out in the yard this year- no newborns that need to be held! (Not sure if I’m happy about that or completely distraught) This means that I’ll be able to tend to our garden so we’ve started the compost and the seedlings.
- I’m actually starting to wedding plan and solidify a few things- yay! I’ve made a few small purchases and gathered some of the decor, which will be mostly DIY so thank goodness I’ve got a crafty streak. I’ll probably feature a few of those items on the blog when all is said and done.
- Spring cleaning. Gah, so much
crap to sortfun.
What I’m listening to;
- Sugar by Maroon 5. Bear and I are actually going to use this song for our first dance when we get married, rather than your standard slow one. We prefer a bit of fun and something different, plus the lyrics are pretty good. It’s been playing quite a lot lately, in celebration of finally settling on one.
- I’ve been looking up “Greatest Hits- full album” on YouTube quite a bit and just going with a lot of the random things that pop up. Right now, I’m playing Michael Buble (I love him) and Home is playing as I write this.
Lessard Coutu Custom Jewellers. Keep your eyes on the blog over the next couple of weeks for a special review going up! My engagement ring from Divine Diamonds/Infinity Jewellers (which I had nothing but problems with and it caused us to postpone our wedding) is now being redone by a truly gifted jeweller from an unrelated store. It’s being fixed and I can’t wait until I can finally wear my ring. I can not possibly say enough about Lessard Coutu Custom Jewellery and our experience has been fantastic so be sure you click that link and check out their Facebook page. It would mean almost as much to me as their actions, if you would go and visit their site. Stop by, tell them that more businesses need to genuinely care about their clients and that their personal touch has peaked your interest. While you’re there, you’re going to want to scroll the wall and see some of the amazing custom designs that they do, based upon the stories of those that walk into their shop.
I can promise you, with all my heart, that this is a business worth supporting and Moe, one of their staff members, is why I’m over the moon in March.
Peanut turns 3 today! I can’t believe how quickly time flies and, although I am so proud of my little lady, I feel like I’m being robbed by fate. It’s impossible- she’s getting too big, too fast. Hey uh, life…Slow down already!I never truly knew how much I loved your father until I saw how much he loved you. You are one of my greatest accomplishments and I can not possibly express how proud I am to call you my daughter. You provide so much joy and I can’t help but beam when I think of the sassy, smart, hilarious girl you’re becoming. I love you, sweetheart!
My goals for LAST month;
- Continue working on the SEO. Still a work in progress, although I am getting it done.
- Lose 10lbs more, at least. Decided this would lead to binge eating, which it did, and opted to slow it down a big. I remain on track and am considering this accomplished, even though the number itself has not been met.
- Start doing my squats again. Done! My butt is even bigger.
My Goals for this month;
- Work out my bum and abs at least three times each week.
- Harass the hubbs to clear out his crap from the workshop. Set up my sewing and craft space, which I’ve been wanting for years.
- Make a go of the garden, at least getting it tilled by the end of the month. Seedlings will need to be planted soon!